Europa Valve LTD is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected at all times. This Privacy Notice sets out how we use and protect any personal information that is provided to us.
Should we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We may update this policy as and when required. You should check our website from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This Privacy Notice is effective from 25 May 2018.
Information you provide to us
We hold the following electronic data:
- Names of people contacted through business services
- Trainee Names
- Job title
- Company name
- Email address
- Work landline number, if provided
- Work mobile number, if provided
- Evidence from internal audits
- Trainee names
We hold the following hard copy data:
- Trainee names
- Names of people contacted during consultancy process
Please note that personal information is not shared for marketing purposes.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to record aggregate information using Google Analytics. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. This information does not include any form of financial data.
Why do we process your data?
We process your data in order to be able to provide you with the services you have requested, which are provided in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Business.
We require this information:
- to be able to contact you with regard to our service provision and for legitimate business purposes only
- to provide you with required documentation
- to provide you with technical support
We may collect and use the information you have provided to us to:
- allow us to provide you with the services you request from us
- to monitor and improve the quality of our services
- respond to any email enquiries
- to notify you of any changes to our services
- for other marketing purposes
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose for which it is not related (or in the case of sensitive information, directly related) to the above purposes without your consent, unless otherwise authorised, required or permitted under the laws of the UK and Ireland. Information (contact names and contact details) may be shared with certification bodies or other partner organisations such as other consultancy organisations only once permission has been granted by those individuals.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic measures and procedures to protect and secure the information you provide to us. Unfortunately, transmission of information via e-mail is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee security of your data transmitted to or from us by means of e-mail and any such transmission is at your own risk.
We will never retain personal information for any longer than is necessary for the purposes we need to use it for.
In general, in respect of personal information gathered in the context of a contract, we will retain personal information for the duration of the contract and a period of up to six years after the contract has expired or been terminated, in case such personal information is required for the exercise or defence of a legal claim during this period.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We store the majority of your information electronically on password protected devices. Any hard-copy records, which are minimal, are stored confidentially and in accordance with our Control of Records procedures.
If we engage external service providers, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure they comply with GDPR when they handle your information. We will also ensure that they are only authorised to use personal information for the limited purposes agreed with them.
You are entitled to exercise any of the following privacy rights in respect of our processing of personal information:
- Access: You can request access to a copy of your personal information held by us, along with details of what personal information we use, why we use it, who we share it with and how long we keep it for
- Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held about you.
- Erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, or where we have no legal basis for keeping it.
- Restriction: You can ask us to restrict the personal information we use about you where we are not able to erase personal information or where an individual has objected to our use of their personal information.
- Objection: You can object to our processing of your personal information.
- Portability: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal information we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic format so it can be easily transferred.
- Withdraw Consent: where we ask for consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
You can make a complaint about how we have used your personal information to us by contacting us by email at [email protected]