Non Slam Check Valve Manufacturer – UK & Europe
Europa Valve is a long established privately owned UK company that design and manufacture a range of non slam check valves in the UK utilising state of the art technology.
Our management team are highly experienced in the valve industry. As a result, Europa Valve brings a dynamic, flexible approach offering a high-quality product at a competitive price to the market.
Europa Valve design and manufacture all our non-slam check valves in the UK. From our facility here in the United Kingdom we ship valves to all continents and have service centers in optimum geographic locations as well as an extensive distributor network.
UK Designed & Manufactured Check Valves
Europa Valve is a long-established specialised check valve manufacturer focusing purely on Non Slam Nozzle Axial Check Valves. Our design, manufacturing and testing facility is located in the UK which is strategically ideally suited to service the global Industry. With a highly specialised engineering plant, we design, build and construct Non Slam Nozzle Axial Check Valves primarily for the oil and gas industry. In addition, we also supply valves to renewable including Hydrogen and solar applications, water including desalination and many other process applications.
Applications of Non-Slam Check Valves
Typical applications of Non-Slam Check Valves would include:
- Centrifugal Compressor Discharge
- Reciprocation Compressor Discharge (Sizing is critical for this application)
- Rapid Closure requirements
- Low Pressure Drop Requirements
- Salt Water Fire Safety Systems Critical Service
- Desalination Reverse Osmosis Process
- Critical Applications
- Non Serviceable Locations *
- High system deceleration applications
- Elevate Valve Slamming applications
- High Temperature critical applications
- Cryogenic Application
- Pulsating Flow Applications
- Renewable Energy Hydrogen Service
- Lethal Service **
* Europa Valve Guided Non Slam Check Valves are designed for typical service life of 15 years plus. Depending on service conditions, without any maintenance.
**The Europa Non Slam Check Valve Body is a one piece body and as such has no chance of fugitive emission through gland packing, bolting etc.
Non slam check valves
Europa Valve LTD Non Slam Check Valves can also be referred to under a number of different guises. We have listed some of the alternative names below. These are the products that we at Europa Valve manufacture.
- Non Slam Check Valve
- Axial Check Valve
- Axial Flow Check Valve
- In Line Piston Check Valve
- Nozzle Check Valve
- Venturi Check Valve
Benefits Of Europa Check Valves
Furthermore, advantages to using our check valves includes:
- protection of pumps and compressor equipment from damage caused by backflow / reverse flow
- reduce down time and loss of production due to failure of unsuitable valves
- increase energy savings with reduced pressure drop
- preventing water hammer
- reduces the possibility of sudden valve failure
- reduced maintenance cost as there are fewer moving parts
- cope with variable flow conditions
Below are some recent posts where you can read what has been happening at Europa Valve. Alternatively, you can read our entire blog here.
To answer this question we must first consider the basic structure of a check valve. A check valve consists of two ports; an inlet for liquid or gas to enter the valve and an outlet for it to exit the valve. Within the chamber of the check valve is contained an opening and closing mechanism (valve disc). Therefore, liquid or gas can only pass through the valve in one direction, hence it is sometimes referred to as a non-return valve, one-way valve etc. When the liquid or gas attempts to flow backwards through the valve the disc will close or slam shut. The surge of the backflow hitting the closed disc can create a hydraulic shock or water hammer. Water hammering can cause problems such as pipe rupture, collapse or damage to pumping systems. To get around these problems, the non-slam check valve utilises an internal coiled spring downstream from the disc. So instead of relying on backward flow to close the valve, as the forward flow starts to slow, the valve is closed off with the spring mechanism, eliminating any backflow and the cause of the water hammer.
Europa Valves Limited has received an Invest NI Grant for Research and Development, supporting company innovation in services, products and processes. Part financed by the Investment for Growth and Jobs Programme for Northern Ireland 2014-2020, co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund. This project, Cryogenic Test Research and Development in Line with B56364, aims to design, manufacture and test new valve types which will meet the requirements of the B56364 Cryogenic Testing. As a result Europa Valves Limited hopes to add cutting edge new valve types into markets where there will be opportunities for growth.